“I just remind conservative commentators that for years we’ve heard that the biggest problem is judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint. That a group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law. Well, this is a good example. And I’m pretty confident that this court will recognize that and not take that step.” - Barack Obama
Oh really? Judicial Activism, huh?
I urge anyone who buys this line of crap to read Article III of the US Constitution.
Section. 2.
The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;
I really don't have a lot to add to this. I guess what Obama doesn't understand is that the Supreme Court is not going to make a law through judicial ruling but rather strike down a law and effectively tell Congress, "Back to the drawing board, this doesn't hold Constitutional."
But what has to be my favorite part of the quote is this:
"That a group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law."
It's their job, moron! And the assumption that somehow Congress has the final say on what is Constitutional and not the Supreme Court is a testament to his complete ignorance of the very document with which he has made his living as a lawyer and President of the United States.