My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Friday, November 9, 2007

I have had enough


Let me start by spouting my pro-environmental beliefs. I think that we as stewards of the Lord's earth have a responsibility to keep it nice and clean. As best we can while not overly compromising the safety and security of ourselves or our families. He even tells us that even though the Earth is cool, it is not as important as our families. "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." (Mark 13:31)

So, I think that it's cool when a car company makes a hybrid or tries new ways to get us off of gasoline. I even think that it's cool to tell your kids not to litter. I even think its uncool to pollute. I actually do give a hoot.

But I have had enough. ENOUGH of global warming and the scaremongering coming from leftist "green" organizations. We have, as a society, been talking about Global Warming or Climate Change for a few years now and I can't take it anymore. It is bad enough that Algore made some nonsense movie about how we are all going to kill the ourselves and earth in 10 years by surviving as the fittest animal; a movie that is rife with errors and misstatements to the point where universities have to offer disclaimers to let students know that the "science" within is faulty at best. But he won an Oscar which was expected and then the Nobel Peace Prize... Really... Global warming movie = Peace? No really, I think it was great that he beat that crusty old do-nothing bat Irna Sendler. All she ever did was save about 2500 jewish children from the Nazis. Why give it to someone who actually helped create peace for 2500 children who would have otherwise been slaughtered in the Nazi hate machine when you can give it to a political hack who touts the popular leftist cause of the day? I mean really... Good job Nobel Prize committee. No really, thanks for stepping up and doing the right thing.

As if this isn't bad enough, now I am turning on my television only to see that the old colorful NBC Peacock is now green and all the shows this week have had an environmental message, including a half-time show on Monday Night Football that was done by candlelight! Who do these people think they are fooling? Candlelight? So instead of using electricity that was most likely provided by a "nukular" power plant which gives off virtually no emissions, we lit a bunch of BURNING candles to light a stadium?!? Then you flew correspondents all over the world in jets that spew "carbon emissions" to have them live at the half time show from "all over the world". I think that Roger Daltry (lead singer of The Who - its an old rock band, mom and dad) said it best when they asked him to be on the Live Earth Tour to raise global warming awareness last year. He said:

"...The last thing the planet needs is a rock concert. I can't believe it. Let's burn even more fuel.”

Amen to that.
Hollywood just needs to leave it alone. This is as bad as that 9/11 fundraiser they had just after 9/11. You know... Let's us, a bunch of rich people, tell the poor people to give money. Thanks, but no thanks.

Which brings me to my point. If changing the world's environment means that I have to spend more money, thus putting my family at risk... I pass. Sorry.. Not going to starve my kids just so we can save a 4.55 billion year old planet based on 200 years of meteorological data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment