My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Friday, September 10, 2010

My Week So Far

Get this...

Got home off vacation and stepped out the door the next morning to fly to Orlando. Got stuck in some really wicked traffic and had to carry my bag on as I got there just in time to walk onto the plane. The security people took my shaving cream. Then, I got to orlando and had problems getting my rental car. I realized that I forgot my Toll Pass at the office and paid for one at the rental car agency. Got to the site and found that I was going to have to re-arrange all the games in order for them to fit. Got that done and found that my backup server was a broken return from another site and not a new server like I had asked for. I got to my hotel and was not upgraded like I was supposed to be. Next day, got all games set up and got an email stating that I needed to have specific game titles. I had to reprogram about 15 games (not an easy task). Found my Toll Pass in my bag and popped a hernia while trying to move a game. The next day training was supposed to be at noon. At 2pm I got tired of waiting and went to mail my packages. I left my portable hand-truck at UPS (didn't realize that until about 5 minutes ago). Went to hang the KIOSK on the wall and found that my drill had been removed from my toolkit. Never fear, I have an electric screw-driver. But the battery is dead and my charger has also been removed from my toolkit. Went to Lowes. Tried to hang the KIOSK but the wall where they want it has a metal plate in it as it is a fire wall. Finally got it hung, but not after poking many holes in the wall trying to get around the metal stud that turned out to be the fire wall. Hope it stays up. New server arrived. It worked for 5 minutes then died. Will not boot, post. Changed my flight so I can install a new server sent overnight. Found out that more games are being delivered this weekend and that made me realize that I went to UPS for nothing. Got up this morning and the hotel ceiling was leaking into the bathroom. There was at least an inch on the floor and since the leak is above my sink, my toiletry bag is soaking wet. Went to the site today to wait for the server. Passed McDonalds by accident so I didn't have breakfast. Server didn't come until the last minute. They usually work out of the box with minor configuration. MySQL did not work and I had to digitally duct-tape it to get it to work. Left for the Airport in the nick of time. Had to get gas. Pulled into a 7-11 after sitting in 15 precious minutes of traffic. Swiped the card and the pump rebooted. You heard right, it rebooted. Holy Crap. Pulled to the other pump and pumped gas. Receipt printer not working; had to go in and get one. I don't have time for this. Got to the airport and my bag of car trash fell out along with my backpack when I opened the door. There was a full cup in the trash bag. Now I have a wet backpack. Got in a fight with the SouthWest Ticket agent. She didn't want to help me check in because the kiosk I was using did not have a closed sign on it but she thought it was closed. Set off the metal detector 3 times with no metal on my body. Left my backpack in the food court and almost sparked an international incident. Now I am boarding the plane.

Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment