I was out of town this week in Charlotte, NC. Probably the worst week ever just because I have been home for so long and going back out sucked harder because of it. Anyway...
I got a call at the Hotel the other night. It seems that the shop owner at the store we were setting up had lost his keys and asked me to bring the key he had given us so he could lock up. No problem. I put on my shoes, grabbed my wallet and walked out my hotel room door. The hotel had doors facing the outside. I was on the second floor. I walked along the extended balcony to the stairs. On the way, I saw 2 other business travellers enjoying a beverage and talking about their kids. I was impressed by them. They were smartly dressed in their oxford blue shirts and khaki pants. I thought to myself about how professional they looked and then started to think about my future in the IT business. That's where I wanted to be. Away from the mom and pop business an into management in a full fledged super corporation. I walked past them. They nodded at me and I nodded back and smiled. I made my way down the stairs, still idolizing the big dogs and half listening to their chatter about their kids. I got to the bottom of the stairs and walked toward the edge of the sidewalk. Didn't see the step. I fell forward and staggered to correct my fall, realizing that I was on my way to chewing some concrete, I siff-armed a parked car and stopped myself. The men were no longer talking. I felt their eyes on me. I was so embarassed. I got into the car and started it up. I couldn't find the headlight switch. I fumbled around and eventually turned the interior light on. Found the switch. I wanted out of there so bad. I tried to back out and mis-judged my distance and ended up pulling a 3-point pull out. I left.
Later, when I came back, they were still out there talking. I mis-judged that parking space again and ended up 3-pointing it again. I just wanted to crawl into a dark hole. That sucked.
Next.
Anyone find it odd that the presidential campaings are nearing the $2Billion mark in spending, making it the most expensive race ever and that one of the people spending the money is John McCain?
Anyone...?
"Some will argue that the First Amendment of the Constitution renders unlawful any restrictions on the right of anyone to raise unlimited amounts of money for political campaigns. Mr. President, which drafter of the Constitution believed or anticipated that the First Amendment would be exercised in political campaigns by the relatively few at the expense of the many?" - John McCain
"It is no coincidence that the most influential lobbyists with the greatest access in the nation’s Capitol are also the most prolific political fundraisers" - John McCain
“If you really want to set a new tone here, you’ve got to reduce the overriding influence of the big-money special interests here in Washington” - John McCain
Just saying...
And Finally...
This video is the "Picture of the Day" on GlennBeck.com
This is so funny, I heard it on a local radio station here last week. How sad.
Yeah, they mourn the trees, but I'll bet even money that they have all had at least 12 abortions.