My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The First Five Minutes...Oy Vey!

On the way back from the Baptism I ran across a book stand full of Louis L'Amour books and on Bo's suggestion I grabbed one. Hondo. A good book. You will find out more about this experience when I get into the final piece on the Baptism Trip. Anyway we read the book and I desired to see the movie. Holy Crap! I didn't make it past the first 3 minutes of dialog. It was bad enough that the opening credit sequence was done in some kind of weird raw beef font...

...but the dialog was just awful.  Awful I tell you.  It was like George Lucas had written and directed this movie.  Come on, man!  What was the Duke thinking?  He has been in some really good movies like "The Sons of Katie Elder" or "Big Jake"..  What happened?  It was like watching the Spanish Inquisition except it wasn't in Spain and I was the one being tortured.  While I was watching it, I kept crying out that I was a heretic and confessed many times, but I was not spared the pain.  Oh where was Tomás de Torquemada!?  Instead I finally moved my finger to the remote and stopped it.
Watch this...

I bet you are wondering about the video with the belly dancing chimp.  Edit: My belly dancing chimp video is gone, so here is a better western than Hondo.  Enjoy.  Well...  It's better than the first 5 minutes of Hondo.  Trust me.  Perhaps one day I will make it past the first 5 minutes of Hondo and maybe it will actually be a good movie.  But that's what I kept thinking about the new Star Wars movies.  When will I learn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment