My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cash, Cash, and Straws... Lots of Straws.

Before I go on another self serving political rant that makes no sense, I have to tell you about the dream I had last night.  I dreamt that I was a homeless Jewish boy detective living in the Jewish ghetto in 1940's Poland.  I was like the Encyclopedia Brown of Jews and I was hired by a Nazi to help him find a mysterious treasure.  I am thinking it was the medication.


Anyway...
The Associated Press is at it again.  Yes, they are grasping at straws at the moment because they are trying to deflect all the "Joe the Plumber" fallout from his emminence, the great Obama.  You see, Obama tried to discount 'Ol Joe and it has failed him miserable.  As McCain drops his name every 10 seconds (royalty free) the Obama camp (read: news media) is looking for a way to swing attention back to the McCain end of things.  This is made even more difficult as average Americans are not buying the following lines of bullcrap from O-O-O-ObaMA.
1.  Joe is no regular guy.
2.  ...b..b..b..but McCain is Bush.
3.  We gots to tax the rich.
4.  This whole financial crisis is caused by Bush and his Cronies...  not the failed sub-prime lending regulation that Republicans and Democrats alike worked so hard to pass.
5.  ACORN-who?
6.  William Ayers-who?
7.  Jeremiah Wright completely shocked me with is words after 20 years of close friendship.
8.  Tony Rezco-who?
9.  Look, it's not that I'm Socialist...  I just want to take from the haves and give to the have nots.
Here is the ammo from the AP...
Let's talk about Story Number 2 first...
Headline:Palin's aides back charging state for kid's travel
In this incredibly awesome story, the Press is mad at Palin for using Alaska State funds to bring her kids along with her as she traveled for work.  This originally started out as an "AP Investigation".  Really?  Since when is the "objective" media taking an interest in the affairs of candidates?  Oh yeah, since they are republicans.  This is such a non-story.  The entire political infrastructure of Alaska is shrugging and saying "so what".  On top of that, there is nothing improper about it.  It was all handled legally.  Even the article admits that there was no real wrong doing.  I guess what liberals can't understand is a parent.  Which I kind of have to give them a pass for.  After all, if a liberal has any kids, it was probably because the doctor botched the abortion and the kid lived.  The real story here is how Momma Palin didn't like being away from the kids so she took every opportunity to be with them that she could.

Okay, now Story 1...
Headline:Shop, baby, shop? GOP spent $150K on Palin clothes 
Merely a case of the pot calling the kettle black, this non-story is aimed at proving that Palin is not the "every-woman" she portrays herself as.  The web-tards are eating this one right up.
From digger PlasticDave: "Its not her appearance, its the lack of financial responsibility on her part. A sizable chunk of her constituency hasn't spent that much on clothing in their lifetimes and (if McCain wins) she's supposed to have some sort of influence on financial policy??? Way to go, not seeing the forest for the trees."
There is so much fail in that statement I don't even know where to begin.  So lets start with a few points.  If you had pulled some backwater hockey-mom out of Alaska to run as your VP and her annual salary afforded her clothes from Old-Navy and Wal-Mart, wouldn't you take her to Manhattan and tell her to go nuts?  Also, the assertion by the press that this nullifies her claim as "Josephine Six-pack" is completely absurd.  The fact that this much money had to be spent to get her looking professional blows that assertation completely out of the water not to mention kills PasticDave's assertion that this makes her elite.  Also...  What the heck is Obama spending?  The article lists Palins expenses on clothing, jewlry, makeup, hair, kids clothes, hubby's clothes, etc.  but only lists Obama's $1500 suits as if he has only one, and he saved forever to get it.  No mention of what it cost him to buy all of the suits for campaign his makeup and his hair and his wife's clothes, and her hair, and his kids clothes, etc.  Infact, they leave Biden completely out of it.  No need to tarnish the reputation of Joe Sixpack!
You want a real story?  How about the fact the Obama plans to charge the press beyond amenities for the election party.  That's right...  want a better seat, or view?  Want climate control for your reporters and their gear? Great, because the great socialist has an awesomely capitalist price tier program just for you...here. They even have a view-less outdoor pit for the free-comers.  Well done, champion of the people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment