- L S. "Spencer" Olsen
- I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.
Friday, November 7, 2008
So Tuesday was actually pretty exciting. We as a nation elected the first Black president. I think that's neat. I must say that as the American people have spoken and elected Barak Obama as president that I will give him my support. I hate posting later than I want to, because when I have an idea and don't get it out there, the talk radio guys tend to beat me to it. Not because I'm smart... I'm not. It's just common sense. That said... Glenn Beck says that we should give Obama a 100% approval rating to start with. Fine. I can do that. I have already decided to try and support him without compromising my values. But Obama, starting at 100% is now down to 98%
-1% = Picking Claire McCaskill to the cabinet. Really? This lady is insane and I'm not talking about "nose picking" insane, I mean full out "needs adult diapers" insane. Being from Missouri, I know that this lady is a nightmare. She thinks that Bush should have been impeached for lying to us about yellow cake uranium on Iraq (BTW - the US military found 500 tons in '05) - She admitted to recent drug use and has been implicated in recent ACORN voter fraud. She has tried to cut funding for the troops and loves it when people kill babies. Sorry Mr. President, -1% for you.
-1% = The "wait...what?" moment of the day comes from an admission by the Obama campaign that while the Bush tax cuts need to be repealed, Now is not the time because the economy is in bad shape. Wait...what? So if tax hikes will hurt an ailing economy... WHAT MAKES IT A GOOD IDEA TO BEGIN WITH? They just admitted that repealing the tax cuts will not help the economy, yet they still plan to do it to help the economy. I can't take it...!!! If socialism is the right way to go and will solve every problem, then why won't they push it in place as soon as they are in office? Because they know that it will hurt us like nothing else economically.
So...
While I am going to support the new President, I cannot find favor with some of the things he is already talking about. Hopefully, things go different and Claire has a moment of clarity.
Good Luck, Obama.