My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

What? Me Racist?

Just wanted to clear up a few common misconceptions out there about a few things that are going on.


1. I am no more racist for disagreeing with Obama than you are unpatriotic for disagreeing with Bush. mmmmkay? But thanks, Jimmy Carter for once again proving that peanuts can actually lead to dimentia. Good Job. And thank you, Bertha Lewis, CEO of Acorn for pointing out that a filmmaker and his girlfriend making videos of your organization is racist. Glad to know that I am a racist. It had never occured to me that this was my problem. Thanks.

2. Acorn is not simply guilty of giving out poor tax advice. I appreciate the National news outlets like ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Washington Times, etc. letting me know that this is the problem. It is not. Ya'll missed the part about sanctioning prostitution, UNDERAGE prostitution, kidnapping, and other ethical violations such as the Acorn rep in New York telling the filmmakers that everything will go well as long as they don't teach their captives to read or write. Glad the National news people are all over that for me.

3. The healthcare and illegals question. Conservatives say that this healthcare bill will give illegals access to coverage and care. Liberals and proponents of the bill say "nonsense!" Well let me break it down for you. There is indeed a clause in the bill that states that illegal aliens will not be allowed to use this coverage or Obamacare. However... There is another clause that says that you are not allowed to check whether a person is illegal or not. Kinda sounds like the latter cancels out the former. Perhaps Joe Wilson was right.

4. It is hotly debated the number of people at the rally in Washington. Some claim (conservatives) half a million to 2 million. Others claim (liberals) 10 people. The pictures I saw made it look like there were probably at least in the hundreds of thousands. I doubt half a million to 2 million. This literary shrinkage of the numbers has given talking heads like Kieth Olbermann to conclude that these are the only people who do not want the healthcare bill. Small numbers mean small support. Well... I heard it once said that conservatives just can't protest and organize like liberals, because after all, conservatives have jobs and families to support.

5. Final word on healthcare. It's running me ragged so I will say this, and barring any "gotcha" developments, I will keep my word mum. Proponents keep telling us that this healthcare thing is great. "We are trying to help people!" they say. "You fear mongers who talk of death panels and denied coverage are horrible people who don't want to help anyone." That's not entirely accurate. Yes free healthcare is awesome. Really awesome... but in the way a free Snickers bar is awesome. Sure it would taste good and satisfy you right now, but in the long run, it's just going to make you fat. The "Fearmongering" right are not incompassionate. They understand that something like this will eventually lead to its own downfall and have drastic effects on the country. There is nothing wrong with helping people, but we have seen its affects on other nations such as UK, Canada, Cuba, etc. It deteriorates rapidly. Surely the UK system never intended to deny cancer treatments for patients at a certain age. But this system of providing a health service for a large infrastructure of people destroys its own market. Literally. Not of intent, but of reality. So quite down, you supporters who think we have no souls. We understand, but like I tell my wife, there's "how it should be" and "how it is" to be contended with and I always like to fall on the side of "how it is."

have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment