My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Some Clarification

We need some clarification on the whole Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

  1. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM) was educated in America, but on a visa. He never became a Citizen.
  2. KSM is not a civilian. He is (was) a key part of a military organization known as al-Qaeda who declared war against the United States of America in 1996.
  3. He was captured in Rawalpindi, Pakistan and was turned over to the CIA.
  4. He was not read his Miranda Rights.
  5. He was transferred to the CIA without extradition proceedings.
  6. He asked for a lawyer and was refused by American officials.
  7. Evidence against him, including a hard drive from his computer was not collected via warrant.
  8. CIA Director Michael Hayden admitted to a Senate panel in February 2008 that KSM was waterboarded while in custody.
  9. In April of this year, President Obama banned waterboarding calling it a torture and a mistake.
  10. President Obama may have pre-judged the trial when he said that opponents to the civil trial won't find it "offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him" (note: It was said, and the defense will use it regardless of context)
It's not that we don't want him to see justice, we do... but you have to consider all of the things that a civil defense attorney could use here to derail the proceedings, declare mistrial, etc. The devil knows I am no lawyer, but I do know that there is something called due process which is the "principle that the government must respect all of the legal rights that are owed to a person according to the law." According to US Law this man has not been afforded due process. He cannot get a proper trial, nor a fair one in a civil proceeding. He needs to have a tribunal either held by the US military or the UN, I don't care, but do it in a way that affords justice, not a circus that makes a mockery of the US legal system.

1 Comment:

  1. Bo said...
    Am I wrong in thinking that maybe the Obamaites want a mistrial? Obama can't allow a fellow muslim to be tried in this country.

Post a Comment