My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Look, I have tried to keep my nose out of it. I really have. I am so sick of the politics, the fighting the, contention, all of it. I just can't do it anymore!


I have been reading opinions on websites that are completely and bear a compulsory ignorance to the basic principles of the Constitution of this country, the beliefs of our founding fathers, and the intentions of the Declaration of Independence. This obtusely selective learning and regurgitation pattern of history is wrong and rife with fallacy.

Obama, in his Health-Care-Victory speech sought to imbibe the founding fathers into his new plan, telling us that this healthcare bill is what they envisioned. Rubbish. The Founders specifically broke from England and created their own Constitution in order to retain the sovereignty of each of the "free and independent states" of this union. Under the new bill, all who can "afford it" will be required to purchase a healthcare plan. Further, the state governments will be required to cover the costs of much of this bill's reform.

I will leave the Constitution to the Judges, but I will not leave the notion that the Declaration of Independence and its criterion for "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" are the basis for this healthcare bill as Obama so eloquently stated. On the contrary.

Anyone who has read the Declaration knows that this document, while creating a foundation for the creation of a union of free and independent states, was also a direct letter to the court of King George wherein his offenses were listed.

Among these can be found the following words...

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
...
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

It is interesting to me that the current powers that be are invested in altering, fundamentally the forms of our government, moving us from a union of free and independent states to a single, federal, fascist, and ultimately socialist government where the individual rights and powers of the states are deemed dissolute and we are all subject to the whims of the congress who speak not for the people, but for their own power, catering to those who are in a state of despotism appealing to their vote in order to retain their agenda of socialization.

But what really bothers me is this...
Roxy and I have been plagues, like a lot of people, with high insurance premiums. We pay almost $10,000/yr on the premiums alone. We have done some math and considered moving the children to a "catastrophic care" policy using our flex savings account to cover the costs of well-care. This would save us money, probably to the tune of $3-5,000/yr. Not so fast...

With the addition of some 26 million new people to the insurance roles regardless of risk, the premiums will no doubt rise in order to compensate for the potential loss. I know I am above the poverty line, but not so much that my premiums don't hurt. They do hurt... alot...

So what am I to do when they rise and I am forced to pay it?

Thanks, Obama & Co.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment