My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Charlie Wilson...

I need some help this time around because I am no historian. So those of you out there who know something about this, please comment and set me straight.
Humility out of the way...
Roxann and I were watching CSI tonight and we saw a preview for the latest Hollywood feature called "Charlie Wilson's War". Roxann asked me who Charlie Wilson was. I told her that he was the guy who sold all of those Stinger Missiles to the Mujahadeen Rebels in the 80's. So then I got to thinking... This movie has a cast of the left-est of Hollywood and is about a Democratic senator during the Reagan administration. What's the angle?
Let me start with this. I don't know how necessary the armament of the Afghanis against the Soviets was in the 80's but I support the cause of freedom. And at the time the freedom of the people of Afghanistan was in trouble and we helped. Let me move into this. If I had a nickel for every comeback from a liberal when it comes to the war on terror that said: "Well, we created them" I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams. Now I am going to ease into this. The synopsis of the movie from every reviewer is that this movie is about how Charlie Wilson took down the Soviet Union.
Really?
...so in a time of election where candidates on the Right are being compared to Ronald Reagan Hollywood releases a film that downplays Reagan's greatest achievement while ignoring the birth of the Taliban at the hands of a rich Texan pervert democratic congressman.
Help me out here because I smell something funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment