- L S. "Spencer" Olsen
- I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
I had the opportunity to take a day off work on Monday for the purpose of getting a needle jammed into my butt by a nurse. I have been fighting this cough for a few weeks now and went to get it checked out. Bronchitis and an antibiotic administered via needle was the order of the day. Hooray. 2 days later and sitting down is still difficult and I am in no better shape.
This weekend, I fixed my car. I think it has been broken for close to 2 years now. I changed out the alternator and did some minor maintenance and it is up and running now. I just need to license it which should be quick and painless. We also got the spare room in the new house all done up. It is a converted single-car garage. It is carpeted and walled/windowed. It is the playroom/library/office. The kids LOVE having their own playroom. They really get a kick out of it. There is still a small pile of boxes left to go through and as soon as that is done, we will finish our bedroom. Hard work, but we are pushing through.
Ben is a ghost. He has several friends from his class that live nearby including one who lives directly behind us. If Ben has a good day at school, he gets to go play with his friends. I usually see him around dinner time. It has been too cold to really get any use out of the back yard. However, we have had occasion to kick them all out to it and get some work done around the house. So the long and short of it is that we are enjoying our time in the new house.
By now, you are probably wondering about the title. Well... Monday (when I was home) I was watching the morning news program, Good Morning America. They reported that Mike Huckabee is the leading Republican Candidate. They interviewed him. Fine. So today, Good Morning America was on in the house again as we got ready for work and school. They were doing a hit-piece on the Governor from Arkansas. A hit-piece. Something about him a criminal years ago who was paroled while he was governor. Which, by the way is what I thought the left promoted, releasing criminals because they are mis-understood. Boy was I wrong. As a plus, GMA reported that Huckabee "Pardoned" this criminal. He did not. He may have lobbied for his release, but the man was paroled, not pardoned. Which confuses me further because I thought that parole boards handled parole and not the governor. I haven't made up my mind about any candidate but it seems pretty opportunist for a network to roll a hit-piece mere days after a "fresh" leading Republican candidate is announced. Sounds pretty un-biased to me.