My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Response

For those of you who are reading this and may scratch your head, you need to first read my blog from yesterday, and then read my sister's response from yesterday.


OK, now that that is out of the way, I am going to address each point one by one.

1. It's not that I want to stop, it's just that I just can't take it anymore, the stupidity on the left and the right is making my head want to "asplode" and I just thought I needed a break. So don't fear, as long as someone in politics is being incredibly stupid, I will say something. Also, like Danny, I am not writing to an audience specifically, I am just getting it out. It's more for my family than anyone, but who really cares who is reading. Anyway, it's not like I am right all of the time. I am sure that most of the people who read this blog think I am sick or are rolling their eyes.

2. I guess I never really considered ABC as a contender for mainstream media, but now that you mention it, I guess it's correct. My exposure to news is really limited to the AP and cable news networks. That being said, MSNBC takes the cake for liberal endorsement just as FNC takes the cake for conservative endorsement. What I have really found is that if you want news that is closer to the center you go for CNN. Now I grant you that they lean left and still get all giddy over Clinton, but they are still the ones that will just report news most of the time. I don't have a problem with a news channel having commentators that are left or right as long as they admit to it. FNC and MSNBC still both think that they are riding the center line, but anyone who watches knows that this is completely false. And ABC... well... ABC is mostly watched by old retired people (in my opinion); it just means that Obama really only goes where he feels comfortable. Even Bush's people spent more time on Fox News, but they never, ever snubbed a news network due to ideological differences. I guess that's what makes it more despicable to me is that Obama thinks that he can do something like that and everyone will think that it is OK. The bottom line is that this type of attitude is both childish and ignorant. It is the same type of behavior and thought pattern that exists in the "intellectually challenged internet think mobs" such as Reddit, Digg, etc. where the popular ideologies are regurgitated as fact despite their merit-less underpinnings. That being considered, it makes me think that Obama is not quite mature enough to handle what he has gotten himself into. But that's just my opinion.

which leads me to number 3

3. Obama is scared. He won the vote for a couple of reasons. a.) White Guilt and b.) People were genuinely tired of Bush and the Republicans. Take from "a" what you will, but "b" was responsible for a large part of the Independent vote being swayed toward Obama. In 2006, the country voted to restructure Congress, taking away the majority from the Republicans. Presidentially, Bush and the Repubs had just handed the loan industry a huge bailout, proving that they were more moderate than conservative. But one year later, you can look at the polls and see plenty of buyer's remorse coming form the independents and possibly from the guilty whites. This fluctuation in popularity coupled with the Healthcare fiasco, on top of extremely negative poll numbers for many Congressional Democrats has frightened Obama. Now he is trying to again align himself with popular rhetoric. That's why I think he is trying to identify with Brown; to try and save his image because he knows that there will be a power-shift in this country by the end of the year and that his re-election is uncertain.

4. Brown won because he got lucky. He made a few statements such as "People's Seat" that resonated with voters. On top of that, the Independent vote is tired of Washington ignoring the people altogether and pushing an agenda that the majority despises. Couple those two things together and you have a winner. Also, it helped that Coakley made some huge mistakes at the tail end of her campaign. Oh, and don't forget the Kennedy support that failed to even know her first name. It has nothing to do with disdain for Bush policies.

5. I am pretty sure that Bush stumped for Republicans during elections. I googled it and found plenty.

6. Because he is.

There you have it, Korynn. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment