- L S. "Spencer" Olsen
- I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
I'm not going to talk about the part where Obama said that he wanted to cut capital gains taxes on small businesses and then, later, said he would raise taxes on people making more than $250K. Even though these 2 groups of people are the same. I'm not going to talk about his call to eliminate lobbyists despite the fact that he employs dozens of lobbyists in Washington. I am not going to talk about his rhetoric that was recycled from his campaign speeches. I am even going to leave alone his equal pay for women comment despite the fact that when my wife and I worked the same job 10 years ago... SHE MADE MORE THAN ME. And I am definately not going to mention that Chris Matthews "forgot [Obama] was black" during his speech.
What I am going to talk about is the one thing that still has me scratching my head. Obama calls for a "Jobs Bill" to be on his desk as soon as possible.
What the heck is a "Jobs Bill?" It doesn't take an economics class to understand that the Government cannot create private sector jobs. Period. All the Government can to is either create incentive or inhibit private sector job creation. Let's break down what this bill could be...
One. Business needs money to hire people. Two. Business has to have economic need to hire people. Solve the problem by putting more money in the hands of business. De-regulate, un-tax, and that will save jobs. It works every time it has been tried. Just do the research. The only bill that creates jobs is one that will get government the heck out of the way.