- L S. "Spencer" Olsen
- I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I was on the way to the site this morning when I came across a talk radio show. A local show here in Palm Beach area. It was a liberal radio show. The debate was over whether Jesus was a conservative or a liberal. The radio host asserted that he was obviously a liberal because he healed the sick (free healthcare) and that he believed in the philosophy that if you "teach a man to fish..." WHAT! What liberally enacted policy ever taught a man to fish. Democrats and their liberal backers have always just given out the fish to everyone who wants it. THAT IS WHAT SOCIALISM IS!!! Just because you guys support public education does not mean that you are teaching anyone to "fish"! Who got taught to fish in Louisiana after Katrina? Who is being taught to fish in San Francisco or Detroit? Just saying...
The other thing that they were talking about was "Hate Radio". The caller called in (this show had no direction. It seemed random) and gave his summary for how talk or "Hate" radio stays in business. He said that Conservative talk radio is owned by large corporations. His example was Rush Limbaugh. Rush is owned by Clearchannel. They tell the local affiliates what they can and cannot put on the air. The people have no control over what is being broadcast. The big corporations make us listen to people like Limbaugh and Hannity. To which the show host replied, "Well said." Really?!?!? My follow up question to this idiot is... "If nobody wants to listen, how do they make money?" To what end does a corporation make local stations broadcast their host of choice?
Answer: ADVERTISING
Yeah, that's right, advertising. You see, people with a product to sell buy ad space during shows that have the most listeners. If you want a product to sell, you advertise to the largest audience. Simple capitalism. If a corporation is making a local station broadcast a show that nobody listens to, who is going to advertise.
You know, I listen sometimes to the other side, you know, just to give them the benefit of being considered. And you know.... I haven't been disappointed yet.