My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Today's the day...

**EDIT**
The AP article I read last night on my Iphone is now mysteriously missing from existence. The original first paragraph of my post read as follows:

I found out that 786 American soldiers Died in Afghanistan for nothing.
I realized that we have no interest in our own National Security.
I discovered that the President is a complete idiot.

After much thought and advisement, the President has decided to withdraw troops from Afghanistan over the next year. The end result is expected to be a complete withdrawal from the country.

Inasmuch as I am wrong... I have edited to read the following:

I found out that 786 American soldiers Died in Afghanistan for nothing.
I realized that we have no interest in our own National Security.
I discovered that the President is a complete idiot.

After much thought and advisement, the President has not decided whether or not to withdraw troops from Afghanistan over the next year or give Gen. McChrystal the troops he has requested. Even as 14 more soldiers have perished this weekend in the Afghani theater we are waiting, waiting, and exposing our weakness.

Continue...

In 1994 the US withdrew all of its forces from the "peace-keeping" operation in Mogadishu, Somalia. The decision was made by the Clinton Administration after a snatch and grab operation turned into a massive rescue operation and the largest firefight America had seen since 'Nam. Osama bin Laden hailed this move as a Victory. The withdraw laid the groundwork for the operational procedure and overall brashness of the terrorist community. What was learned was 2 things. One was that Americans could not stand to see one of their own die; the other was that all military decisions were ultimately decided via emotional politics and pandering. In other words, a politician (like a President) would put his/her election above the safety of America and her standing armies.

So Osama kept attacking. In 1998 Al-Qaeda attacked the US embassy in Africa and in 2000 the USS Cole. Osama thought that if he inflicted the right amount of damage, the US would leave like they did in Mogadishu.

What he didn't plan for was the response to Sept. 11, 2001. We had a president who didn't care what the country would think of him and he went into Afghanistan and all but dismantled the Taliban government as well as Al-Qaeda. But over the years, many have grown to dislike our warring ways and want us out. For 7 years, the current President ignored the emotions of the people and kept our troops in, supporting them by whatever means necessary. But now that the administration has changed, the old ways of cut and run are back in play.

Now we will show the world more weakness. Since the administration change, we are doing the following for our National Defense:
  • Investigating the CIA for its anti-terrorist protocol.
  • Closing Guantanimo and giving the terrorists within Constitutional rights (usually reserved for citizens of the US)
  • Investigation Homeland Security for its anti-terrorist protocol.
  • Retreating from Afghanistan.
Well good job Obama! You don't think that the enemy will change its tactics back to business as usual. You've taken away our venom. You've removed all of our safeties and while you diminish the troop levels, hell will be unleashed on the soldiers that remain. Casualties will be higher than ever and more will die. And when it is over and the dust has settled, your persecution at home of the very people who tried for the last 8 years to keep up safe will embolden the enemy and we will suffer again at their hands. I hope you are happy. I am reminded of a line from the Hunt for Red October. Said Andrei Bonovia, "You arrogant ass. You've killed *us*!"

Sleep tight, America.

I stand by my comments about this administration and the weakness we are displaying to the world, especially our enemies. Whether or not he has decided to continue the withdraw or strengthen our stand he has still made the decision to do nothing; a decision that will do just as much harm as tucking tail and running.

Plus, I'm just proving that I can hate-up on Obama just as much as you libs hate-up on Bush. Obama sucks.

2 Comments:

  1. Danny said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Danny said...
    Let me try again-
    This is the one thing that really makes me sick. I am thoroughly convinced that these academic liberals are ok with soldiers dying. Obama is no different. I am sure he looks at the US military the same way some people look at child molesters.

Post a Comment