My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Whiskey Tango...

That's it. I'm officially done.

Congratulations, Mr. Obama.

This really does officially signify the end of common sense as we know it, doesn't it? I thought that it was alive and well last week when the Olympics snubbed his highness. But I guess I was wrong. 2 years ago they gave out the Nobel Peace Prize to Al Gore for his work on Global Warming Awareness beating Irena Sendler, you know that lady who saved 2500 Jewish children from the Nazi Murder Machine. No one was really sure what global warming had to do with peace so ALGORE worked it into his speech. Then, this year they gave it to Obama for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." Obama beat Dr. Sima Semar. For those who don't know who she is, she is an Afghani woman who has for years providing medical treatment to poor Afghanis and thinks that Women are people too despite a barrage of inhuman treatment by Radical Islam.

Here is a list, however, of things Obama has done in the name of diplomacy:

1. Israel - Spend you entire campaign pledging support and to stand "shoulder to shoulder" with Israel. Then when you are elected and the threat to Israel mounts, ignore it. Then say things like, The US does not recognize the "legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements." Ah, peace.

2. Iran has Nukes - Let the UN handle it. After all, how bad can they screw it up?

3. Iran wants to destroy Israel - meh.

4. Iraq - GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!

5. Afghanistan - Appoint a new General who you think will do it your way. When he says, "holy crap, this is worse than I thought, we need more men" just ignore it. It might go away. Or -The reduced troop levels and re-deployment of existing troops to more rural locations, all in the public eye in the form of a time table, can't cause a problem, can they? Peace right?

I guess that the only true way to peace is to remember this saying by a wise anonymous man:
"You don't have to outrun or fight the bear, you just have to be faster and stronger than the person who is running next to you."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment