My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2 Open Letters

First
Dear AIG,

I understand that you have a business to run.  And I understand that you want to keep good employees employed in order to grow (or in your case - survive).  I think that giving money to you executives is a grand idea.  It shows that you believe in their work and it also shows that you have a positive outlook on recovery.  It shows that you are confident that AIG will rise above the ashes as the great phoenix and become a great business once again.

However, you took money from the US Government.  Did you think that they would actually let you get away with making your own decisions?  Did you actually think that by accepting the bail-out that you would be allowed to operate in the free-market system?  Did you really believe that the money was free?  Well, it wasn't.  It's the US Government.  You sold your soul to this guy:

So don't be surprised, AIG when Barney Frank and the rest of the Democratically controlled legislature decide that capitalism is not right for you.  They own you and it is your own fault.  

Sincerely,

L S. Olsen
Smartest non-left-handed straight non-jew

Second
Dear US Government,

I understand that you are busy pouring lighter fluid on the Constitution, and I know that you are even more busy pushing the throttle up and the stick forward on this country.  I know that you think that the money that AIG is paying its executives is excessive.  You have a good heart and want to see that money in the hands of the poor lowly employees that spend all day working hard at AIG.  It shows that you care about the people who are the gears and cogs of AIG - the people who actually write the loans and collect the payments.  It shows that you believe that with your help that this economy will rise from the ashes like a phoenix - and then just when the phoenix has risen and hovers above the ashes, you will be standing there with a shovel.  A golden shovel that you will swing straight and true, catching the phoenix with a full body blow and sending it back into the fire.

However, you bought a crappy financial company.  I understand that you think you know what's best for any company.  You guys have had great success with running business - like that restaurant you used to own.  So naturally, buying and running banks made real sense to you because afterall, the Federal Government has beed doing a great job so far with housing, lending, and financial institutions.  But did you really think that things would go well if you propped up the worst of the worst.  Of course they are not going to do what you want them to do.  They couldn't even do what their customers wanted to do.  You bought these guys:

So don't be surprised if they want to give a bunch of money to themselves.  And also, don't be surprised if they don't want you telling them what to do.  You own them, and it's your own fault.

Sincerely,

L S. Olsen
Smartest Capitalist

1 Comment:

  1. Danny said...
    hahahahahaha

Post a Comment