My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Thank You Note

I would like to thank all of the members of my family who have suggested that I watch "Life on Mars" on TV. So I have gone to the Internet and began to catch up. As soon as I got to episode 3, I wanted to claw my eyes out. I learned something about tolerance tonight as I watched this show. I would like to share.

1. Hippies who spit on soldiers were just patriotic Americans expressing their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech by harassing and humiliating those who served this country with honor in the Vietnam War.

2. One day we will all realize that intolerance is responsible for everything including getting into wars for reasons more "flimsy" than Vietnam - Am I right???

3. Brokeback Mountain.

You are now asking yourself about number 3.
"Lemme splain"
In this episode a war vet is found beaten to death. Turns out he was gay. And married. With a kid. But that's ok, because he was brave. Let me define brave for you.
Bravery - Cheating on your spouse with whom you have a kid with other members of the same sex.
NOTHING ABOUT ADULTERY IS BRAVE. It is cowardice compounded by lies. I am so completely tired of Hollywood telling us that anytime a man decides to be gay while he is married, that his adulterous affair is brave. It's not. Suck it, Hollywood. Adultery is still adultery and there are always victims. Being adulterous AND gay does not make it ok.

So thank you all for recommending this show to me. I am just giddy over the whole "Intolerant 70's" routine.

Thanks alot.

Jerks.

You know what? I want reparations. That's right! Reparations!!! I want my 45 minutes back. There are 4 of you - Bo, Korynn, Danny and Merilee. That's 11 minutes and 15 seconds each. I will think of something and then when I next come to visit, you'll be picking lint from between my toes or shaving my back for 11 and a quarter minutes! Get ready.

P.S.
The Graduate? Really? E.T? That's what you give to visiting foreign dignitaries? Okay. Way to screw that one up, 'Bama. You suck.

7 Comments:

  1. Danny said...
    Guess what, I have never seen more than one episode of Life on Mars, on account of all the sex and semi-nudity. So I could not have recommended you see it, broseph. Butthole. BTW, I totally agree with you, and if that is what this show is about, then I will refrain from watching it.
    Lee said...
    This has nothing to do with your post (which I totally enjoyed by the way) but I posted a poll on my blog and I really would like you to see the results so far.
    Anonymous said...
    Ok, Spence, 1st: I am NOT giving you that part of your life back because you did not go past the 3rd episode. And 2nd: Maybe I'm blind, but I have not really noticed sex or nudity. I say you did not give the show the proper chance. For example, in last week's episode, it was pointed out that the radical groups of the late '60's and early '70's that thought they were making great world-changing statements through the use of violence i.e. blowing up cops, would be known in the future not as revolutionaries of their time but nutjobs. So until you have watched every single episode up until now, you will not get any "time" back from me.

    Korynn
    Bo said...
    Seriously? Partial Nudity? Danny must have his shows mixed up. I would agree that there are some very liberal hippie stuffs in the show, but it's not all that bad. Last week, the liberal 2008 cop wanted to seriously bet the shee out of everyone and he makes my teeth sweat.

    Bo
    Andrea Olsen said...
    Don't tell Bo..but I don't really like it that much either. Which is why I'm either on the computer or reading while he watch it. Although last nights show did catch my attention at points.
    Danny said...
    I guess my idea of partial nudity must seem very puritan to some, but in the exact same hippie episode, was there not a naked girl talking to the main character for like 5 minutes going on about stars and what not, then she turns around and the only thing covering her boobs is her hair. but then again, I have a 6 year old in the house and have become very aware of every little bad thing that is on tv. Which is why I don't really watch much network tv anymore, mostly food network and the science channel. Oh, and the Cosby Show on tvland.

    But, I digress, I like the premise of the show, but I think the show itself from the very very few episodes I have seen is not that good.
    Danny said...
    Spencer has caused a family feud to be waged!!!!!!! Long live the Life on Mars is Dumb faction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post a Comment