My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Musings of a Madman

Fresh off an argument with the fine, educated folk over at Digg.com, I have pondered something that I think I will share with all of you. It has to do with reparations for slavery. Please hang with me as I roll down my own path of dimentia to get to the point.

First of all, let me state the old internet adage that says: "Arguing on the internet is like participating in the Special Olympics - Even if you win, you are still retarded".

So I was participating in the Special Olympics today because of the topic of "Birthers". For those of you who do not know what a "Birther" is, allow me to enlighten you. A "Birther" is a person who believes that President Flatus (Obama) is not a natural born US citizen. "Birthers" can usually be seen eating lots of Doritos in Mom's basement and wearing tin-foil apparel. These people also heavily support the notion that Flatus (Obama) is secretly a Muslim and/or a sleeper terrorist.

As much as I don't like the guy, I just cannot buy into the notion that Obama is a terrorist, Muslim, or Citizen of "*click* *click* ting *click* ooowah - ville" or where ever they think he is from. But I also can't sit by and listen while the wacko left defends Obama with the notion that Obama is not culpable for his parent's mistakes because after all, George W. Bush is a Nazi because Prescott Bush did business with the Nazi's after WWI.

For the last few years, I listened to every leftist, "indoctrinated free thinker" tell me that President Bush was a Fascist and a Nazi because ol' Prescott Bush did business with Germany in the 30's. Now that the tables are turned, this type of logic is divisive and damaging to the country. It's like how Limbaugh says that he hopes Obama's policies will fail and suddenly that type of talk is un-American.

You have to wonder if they have forgotten their own rhetoric from the last 8 years or if they are just that stupid! I like to believe that they are just that stupid. But for the sake of getting to my point, let me get down to the argument...

The argument for W being a secret Nazi comes from the Prescott Bush story. Phrases uttered in defense of this logic have been catalogued as follows:

  • The apple doesn't fall far from the tree
  • Like father like son like son
  • It's in the genes
  • Blood is thicker than water

Which is weird because the arguments that Hitler used for killing and enslaving Jews were:

  • The apple doesn't fall far from the tree
  • Like father like son like son
  • It's in the genes
  • Blood is thicker than water

You can clearly see the problem. The last few weeks have been rife with double-standard bingo. In fact, there was a whole article about how people should lay-off of Obama about his grammar problems because it's dividing the country. It went as far as to label the people who point out his grammatical errors as "Grammar Junkies". But back to my original point...

I got to thinking about what racism is and how it gets into your head that a group of people with the same race are all alike. And I concluded that it is because you assume that since one of them did it to you directly or indirectly that they must all be the same or that they are all responsible for the actions of a few. (do you see where I am going now?) So what does this say about people who advocate reparations for slavery?

Just something to think about.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    While I do not believe Flatus is a terrorist or whatever, it would not surprise me in the least if it came out that he was not a natural born citizen of the U.S.

Post a Comment