- L S. "Spencer" Olsen
- I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
If we have to pass a spending bill to give money to the corporations and rich people so that their companies will survive - why are we funding this bill by taxing those same people? Seems counter-intuitive, no? I guess you could call it iterative stimulation.
Also, in the news tonight (ABC News) we were watching a story about an Illinois sherrif who is suing Craigslist for running prostitution ad. First off - good. They need tighter controls on that stuff. But here is the kicker... as part of the story, they talked about a girl who was arrested for prostitution "after an ad ran on craigslist." Then, the girl talked about how Craigslist ruined her life. Wait, what?!?!
First - SHE PLACED THE AD!
Second - SHE SOLICITED PROSTITUTION!
Craigslist didn't ruin her life, she did!!! Even the news reporter painted her as a victim by not saying that SHE ran the ad. Their words were "after an ad ran on craigslist."
I'm done. I just can't take it anymore.