First is a response to Danny. Who has things in this Healthcare bill slowed down is the Democrat Senator from TN (Blue Dog) who told Pelosi to slow down and let us all read and digest it. He also went on to say that the bill did not fix the problem with not deficit spending.
But I have a theory on this "healthcare" bill. First of all, it's not healthcare - it's health insurance. Your doctor won't change. But I believe (under my tin foil hat) that this bill is designed to destroy the health care system and fail miserably. Why? Well Pelosi and Obama know that they have no chance with the American people if they introduce full-on socialized medicine, especially right now when what competition is left has benefited the quality of care in this country. If it is destroyed, if the entire system fails, well then it can be socialized medicine to the rescue. Think I'm crazy? Just wait. If this thing passes, I give us 3 years. Obama will be campaigning on promises to fix the healthcare that the Republicans destroyed. That's right, Republicans will foot the blame because it was capitalism that caused the problem in the first place (not LBJ) and if a Republican co-authors the final bill then they can shift the blame in that direction. More revisionist history.