My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The headline from the Politico is:
"Franken Bucks Obama in First Vote"
Oh! Goody. I guess that means that conservatives have nothing to worry about because this proves that Stuart Smalley is not really insane... right...? right? It's all better now?

No. Thanks for the sensationalism, though. The bill that this "Maverick" voted against was written and introduced by a Republican. To top that off, Franken voted along party lines. Oh and also... the "buck" against Obama was that the program that this bill would cut was thought to be 'wasteful' -- ready -- even by the President. So what's the story?

This is "Journalism Fail" at its finest following 2 weeks of Fail amongst dead celebrities. Which leads me to my second point.

I really can't stand when bad people are given hero status just because they are dead. Jacko touched kids. Just because he's dead, doesn't make that alright. And Steve McNair - well he wasn't divorced yet, has 4 kids, and was hanging out with a 20 year old ho. But now, he was just the best guy ever even though his wife couldn't trust him. It's the same rule I have for politicians - If your wife can't trust you - neither can I. Which is why I can't stand it when conservatives talk out of one side of their mouths about Clinton's infidelity and completely ignore Gingrich's. Sorry, Hannity - I'm not buying it. Newt can take a flying leap. 

Then again - maybe after he passes on we can praise him as a hero. Then perhaps it would "be all better now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment