My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Death and Taxes

If you haven't heard already, St. Peter won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes.  Good ol' Ed is on his way to deliver the check.  But seriously - it's  sad.  Who in this world did not like Ed McMahon?  What I was able to gather from the press reports, he died of pneumonia which was complicated by his cancer.  Rough.  He will be missed.


On a lighter note...
Matthew has named his blue blanked Steve.  Not sure where that came from, but he has spent the last couple of weeks referring to his blanket by the name Steve.

Also, Caitlyn has decided that she wants to get married to Matthew.  Yikes.  Guess the south is rubbing off on all of us.

Anyway...
Obama, or as my current client calls him - One Bad-A%$ Mistake, America - had a press conference today where he basically said "blah blah blah blah".  I am  not surprised on his continued rhetoric on the economy, healthcare, etc.  Today's bone has to do with the conservative community.

1.  For 8 years, conservative commentators have been telling us how broken healthcare in America is.  Our premiums and costs are too high.  Now that Obama wants to further meddle and subsequently destroy healthcare in America, the Conservatives are shocked because "there is nothing wrong with healthcare..."  Let's get consistent.  First of all, Obama is getting ready to "mess up royal" on healthcare.  Second, let's not pretend that things are rosy just to have opposition ammunition.  Healthcare in America IS fine if you are talking about the quality of care, but as far as costs - it is waaay broken.  Republicans and Democrats alike should be working on legislation to (and listen closely here) GET THE GOVERNMENT THE HECK OUT OF THE WAY.  period.

2.  Everyone is so upset about Obama's response to the Iran situation.  I am not really sure what to think about it.  Shooting from the hip here, I seem to remember a certain president in the 90's openly supporting an Iraqi uprising and the end result was American not putting its money where its mouth was and thousands of Kurds died.  If Obama is not prepared to go to war with Iran then his response is dead on.  Conservatives and Republicans want him to let the people of Iran know that we are behind them.  What happens if thousands die due to empty promises.  I wish we had a president that would actually stand up to Iran and be able to walk the walk.  So the fact is that even if Obama tells Iran that it is behind its dissidents, we all know that he will not use any kind of force to support that kind of statement.  So as far as I am concerned, his statement of " we will wait and see" is right.


2 Comments:

  1. Ransom said...
    I am so tired of Iran...and Pakistan...and Iraq...and Afghanistan.
    F.
    Ransom said...
    That was Merilee, not Mark, and I'm stupid.

Post a Comment