My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Democrats want to push administration on US corporate pay strategies"

Link to the article from the AP here

I really don't know what to say about this one. This is the worst meddling so far. Dictating wages and salaries for executives. Obama blames excessive compensation for the current market woes.

You know, at the beginning I was ready and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I was ready to look at him and is policies objectively. But now...
I just can't take this anymore. This buffoon is so completely wrapped up in his absurd little world that he fails to see the truth and consequences of his actions. This embicile is destroying your future and the future of your children. It took us 20-odd years to recover from the idiocy of LBJ, Ford, and Carter. All that has been done, all progress that has been made economically is being dashed before our eyes. Just when it seems that we can recover, Bama pulls some other brilliant gem out of his hat and slaps the economy back down about five notches.

Anyone... and I mean ANYONE who has taken any kind of economics or economic philosophy course knows that the more a government interfres with capitalism - the worse the overall social construct becomes. All societies have a foundation that is built upon goods and services. When this system is allowed to freely exist, it works. When the command influence is introduced for regulatory purposes then you enter into a bell curve where some regulations will help, but too many and too few will hurt. We are passing the peak and moving on the downward slope of regulatory command influence. Anybody who wonders what happens when you slide down the other side of the bell - ask the Soviet Union, France, North Korea, any country in Africa, Cuba, the list could go on forever.

Point is that the scurity of our financial well-being is waning. We the people elected individuals who are too busy tending to their own interests and popularity to do anything to help save us. At this point, the government should start taking TARP repayments, let GM file bankruptcy without regulation, allow executives to be paid what an entity thinks that they are worth, lower taxes, stop giving hand-outs corporations, drop this Waxman Markly crap.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment