My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Roundup

First off, I love this site...

This site has all of Obama's campaign promises and their current state of...  done...  ness.  Anyhoo I was perusing the "Completed" tasks and I saw one that made me laugh.


No. 125: Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq

On "my first day in office, I would give the military a new mission: ending this war".


Good job, Obama.  That'll get it done real quick.  You know, my kids can't keep their bedrooms or the playroom clean. Maybe I should just direct them to keep it clean.  That could work!  Thanks Obama, for enlightening me on how to accomplish difficult goals.  I think that today I will direct my boss to pay me more and my customers to have less problems.  Oh the wisdom!

Ok.  Next.
Here in Nashville they had a special election yesterday to ...  I dunno ...  amend the charter or something to declare "English First".  Let me start off by saying that I really don't know anything about this piece of legislation so I am not going to try to support or detract from it.  It lost.  That much I know.  What I do know is that while I think that English should be the official language of America, I really can't figure out why they needed this amendment other than for political gain.  But again...  I don't really know anything about the bill.  

That said, I will get to the heart of the matter.  See...  They were talking about it on the radio this morning.  The host, a conservative, was of course supporting it and lamenting its failure to pass.  Then this college "Bro" called in to debate the issue with the host.  Anyway his whole argument against the proposition was that it was discriminitory and racist.  He went on to state that the bill was just an attempt to profile hispanics and drive them from the country.  When the host asked him to back-up his rhetoric he countered with this:
(I am paraphrasing because my memory is not photographic)

"Well the guy who sponsored the bill - I man, you should hear him talk - He's just a redneck and we all know that rednecks are racist."

After that there was a lot of arguing and the host eventually hung up because bro wouldn't let him defend his arguments.

I hope that you caught the hypocricy.  I did.  It is the most everpresent hyprocricy that exists. The enlightened left speaks of unity, social acceptance and decrys profiling and stereotypes.  But some of them make one fatal mistake.  They assume that all conservatives are gun-toting, bible bashing, uneducated, racists.  Last I checked, that kind of thinking was bigoted and stereotypical.  So good job, Bro.  


1 Comment:

  1. Lee said...
    My response to your comment....

    Touche

Post a Comment