My photo
I don't really care if you agree or not. Just saying what I think.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where am I?

Jacksonville, FL - but more importantly...

Aside from setting up another site this week, I endeavored to replace 2 servers (1 pair) at one of our best sites.  The site is run by this nasty old woman who also runs a tatooed makeup shop down the street.  It's one of those places where if you are tired of putting on too much blue eye shadow before you go to work on your street corner, you can just get it tatooed on.  Great.  So I go to install this server.
To understand this story, you have to understand a couple of things.  Listen closely.
  • Florida is in Eastern time which means it is one hour ahead of Central time where my office is.
  • Ken (the owner's husband) is nuts.
I get there at 8am Eastern time.  I set up the servers, do some testing and get replication running. And because I changed something, the employees forgot everything they have known for the last 2 years and I had to retrain them on how to enter their usernames and passwords.  

Ken comes up to me and he is upset.  You see, he tried to get logged into the system an hour before I got to the site.  7am Eastern time.  Remember - 7am Eastern is 6am Central. 

Ken:
I couldn't get logged in this morning.  I tried to call you but you wouldn't call me back.

me:
I'm sorry, I didn't get any calls from you this morning.

Ken:
Well, I called the office.  They said that you would call me when you got in.

(office not open until 9am Eastern - he claims call around 7am Eastern)

me:
I'm not in the office today, Ken.

Ken:
Well, where are you?

He gave me a blank stare at this point.  Not knowing what else to say, I simply said, "I'm right here, Ken."

"Oh." he replied.


4 Comments:

  1. Merilee said...
    Can't stop laughing. So funny. Going to pee.
    Merilee said...
    Too late. Peed my pants.
    TheFirehouse said...
    HOLY $#!^
    Anonymous said...
    Gгeetingѕ! Very usеful advice within this ρost!
    It's the little changes that will make the largest changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    My webpage :: altec Bucket trucks for sale Online
    Take a look at my homepage ; altec bucket trucks

Post a Comment